ORDERING - General
Q1. What is ShopThruPost?
ShopThruPost (www.shopthrupost.hk) is an online shopping mall administered by Hongkong Post for you to find and purchase your ideal Products. We provide you with a secure online shopping channel with reliable Delivery Service so that you can enjoy the convenience of shopping from home.
Q2. Advanced Order
Occasionally, new Product will be offered on the Website for ordering before they are released and available. You may order it by placing an Advanced Order. The new Product will be shown on the Product detail page, together with an estimate of how soon we expect the Product to be released.
Q3. What currency is used?
All prices for Products sold on the Website are listed in Hong Kong Dollars. Other currencies (if any) shown underneath the Product prices are for easy reference only.
Q4. Why is there a sales quota for certain Merchant Products?
Sales quota is set by the Merchants for certain Merchant Products due to their limited supply. To ensure fair allocation of Merchant Products to as many customers as possible, stock is allocated based on the transaction time of a successful [online] payment.
Q5. Will I / the recipients receive Products exactly the same as those shown on the Website?
ShopThruPost does not guarantee that the Products ordered correspond completely with the specifications or samples as shown on the Website. Please refer to our Disclaimer of “Merchant Products and Delivery Services” and Disclaimer of “HKP Products and Delivery Services”.
For the HK / Mainland Gift Fulfillment Service, gift arrangements delivered internationally may vary due to regional and seasonal availability. Substitution may be necessary to ensure your arrangement is delivered in a timely manner. The utmost care and attention will be given to your Order to ensure that it is as similar as possible to the requested item.
Q6. Is there any restriction on ordering Products from the Website?
- (a) If you are not able to enter into legally binding contract or you are less than 18 years old, you should not order any Products through the Website.
- (b) Certain Products are restricted for delivery to Hong Kong addresses or recipients in specified destination countries only. Please refer to the Product details of individual Products for further information.
ORDER DELIVERY & PROCESSING
Q7. How can I know my Order is successfully placed?
You will be prompted back to the “Transaction Successful” screen with the Order details upon a successful online payment. A confirmation letter with your Order details (“Confirmation Letter”) will be e-mailed to the e-mail address you entered in the Online Order Form for correspondence. Please note that your Order is considered to be accepted by us only when you receive the Confirmation Letter. Please quote the Order Reference Number for future correspondence and tracking of delivery with us.
Q8. Can I request the Products be delivered to a P.O. Box address?
No. A P.O. Box address is not acceptable.
Q9. Can I collect the Products ordered at post offices?
The option of Product collection at selected Post Offices is only available for Philatelic and PostShop Products.
Q10. What is the delivery charge for the Products ordered?
All the Orders will be delivered by means of postal services.
Please refer to the Product details of individual Products for specific information on delivery.
- We offer Delivery Services for the Merchants to deliver the Merchant Products to you. We offer Delivery Services to deliver HKP Products to you. The delivery charges of HKP vary according to the categories and weight of the Products, shipping methods selected and the destination countries. The total delivery charges for the Products ordered will be shown at the checkout page for your confirmation before proceeding to the payment processing page.
- For overseas delivery, all customs duty, VAT, sales taxes or any kind of fees levied or imposed by your destination country in relation to the Products ordered are to be borne by you absolutely.
- For Philatelic and PostShop Products, please refer to the special handling note on Philatelic and PostShop Products.
Q11. What language should be used to complete the order form?
- For HK / Mainland Gift Fulfillment Service, as the Orders are processed by China Post Group, please complete the Name and the Address of the Recipient(s) in Chinese to facilitate processing.
- Otherwise, unless specified in the Product details, you can complete the order forms in either English or Chinese.
Q12. How do I make an order of Products through ShopThruPost?
To view a list of your chosen Products, simply click on the “View Cart” icon at the upper right corner or click on the “View / Edit Cart” at the left side of your screen. If you wish to place your Order, just click the “Check Out” button, fill in the delivery details in the Online Order Form, confirm the Order and proceed to the payment gateway selected for online payment processing.
Q13. Can I cancel an Order after I received the e-mail Confirmation Letter?
Your Order is deemed to have been accepted at the time you received the Confirmation Letter. If you wish to cancel the Order on the same working day, please e-mail to our Order Processing Section at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the order date, Order Number Reference and contact information and we will use our reasonable endeavour to cancel your Order. Refund will be made after we have confirmed the cancellation with you by e-mail but that might take about 30 working days.
If the dispatch of the Order has been processed by us or the Merchants, we cannot cancel the Order but you might wish to return the Products to us at your own expense in accordance with our Product Return and Exchange Policy.
Q14. How long does it take for the Products ordered to be delivered to the recipient?
Normally the Products ordered will be dispatched for delivery to the recipient within 7 working days upon a successful online payment. The time of actual receipt by the recipient depends on the shipping methods selected and the destination countries. If there is a temporary shortage of stock or delay in delivery, our customer service representative will contact the Customer directly.
For Philatelic and PostShop Products, please refer to the special handling note on Philatelic and PostShop Products.
Q15. What if the Product I ordered is out of stock?
Under normal circumstances, when the Products available for sale are out of stock or the quantities you ordered cannot be met, you will be notified forthwith and the Order will not be processed.
However, if the Products ordered are not available for fulfillment and your payment has been received, the purchase price will be refunded in full. HKP and/or the Merchant(s) shall have no other liability. In the case of the HK/Mainland Gift Fulfillment Service, HKP and the Merchants reserve the right to replace any item with a gift of equivalent or higher value in the same category or you may opt to cancel the Order. In both cases, our customer service representative will contact you to seek further instruction before processing the Order.
Q16. What if the delivery of Products is unsuccessful?
When the delivery is by postal means, the redelivery or re-direction arrangement will follow the normal postal arrangements of HKP or the overseas delivery postal administrations, as applicable. In the event the Products ordered are not successfully delivered and returned to the Merchant, HKP would contact the Customer for clarification or re-delivery arrangement. Products so returned would normally be kept by the Merchants for 3 months. The Merchants shall dispose of such returned Products at their absolute discretion after the 3-month retention period and the Customer shall have no claims or rights against HKP or the Merchant in relation to the Order and/or the Products ordered for refund or otherwise. For Philatelic and PostShop Products, please refer to the special handling note on Philatelic and PostShop Products below as well.
Q17. If I did not receive the Products ordered , whom should I contact?
Please e-mail to our Order Processing at email@example.com quoting the Order date, Order Number Reference and contact information for our follow-up.
Special Handling Note - HK / Mainland Gift Fulfillment Service
Q18. Can I specify a date or time for the Products ordered to be delivered to the recipient under this Service?
Yes, you can specify the date and time for delivery for Day-to-Day Gift Series under the following circumstances:
- (a) Order request must be made at least 3 working days before the specified date and time of delivery.
- (b) For time-specific orders, the actual delivery will be effected within 2 hours of the specified time, i.e. if the specified time is 1000 hr, the actual delivery will be made between 0800 hr and 1000 hr or 1000 hr and 1200 hr.
- (c) You can specify the date for delivery on the 1st to 3rd day of Lunar New Year and Valentine's Day at an additional surcharge of $HK80 per gift set levied on top of the retail price. However, the time of delivery cannot be specified on these special days due to large delivery volume.
- (d) For Festive Gift Series such as those for Lunar New Year and Mid-Autumn Festival, the Date / Time-specific Delivery Service is NOT available..
Q19. Is it OK to fill in the address of the recipients in any language other than Chinese in the online order form?
No. If the delivery address provided by the sender is in a language other than in Chinese and the translation of it makes the delivery not possible, HKP will not accept responsibility for late or non-delivery of the Product ordered. HKP shall be deemed to have delivered the Product ordered. The Product will not be returned to the sender. If the sender requests a further delivery of the Product, it will be treated as a new Order of the Product.
Q20. Is it OK not to fill in the contact telephone of the recipient in the online order form?
This is not advisable as China Post may need to contact the recipient to confirm the delivery time. If the delivery address given by the sender is incorrect and no valid contact telephone number of the recipient is given or the telephone number given is incorrect, HKP will not accept responsibility for late or non-delivery of the Product ordered. HKP shall be deemed to have delivered the Product ordered. The Product will not be returned to the sender. If the sender requests a further delivery of the Product, it will be treated as a new Order of the Product.
Special Handling Note - Philatelic and PostShop Products
Q21. Do I need to pay any extra charge other than the retail price of the Products?
- a) For local delivery or collection, no special charges will be imposed other than the HK$10 for each Order.
- b) For overseas delivery, the postage of Products ordered as well as the registration fee (HK$13 for each Order) will be collected. Besides, all customs duty, VAT, sales taxes or any kind of fees levied or imposed by your destination country in relation to the Products ordered are to be borne by you absolutely.
Q22. How long does it take for the Product ordered to be delivered to the door or available for collection at post offices?
- (a) For local collection, within 7 working days from the date of the Confirmation Letter, Hongkong Post Stamps (HKPS) will mail to you an acknowledgement letter (“Acknowledgement Letter”) notifying you of the available dates for collection of the Product ordered at selected Post Office. In most cases, the Product ordered will be available for collection at the selected post office within 7 working days from the date of the Acknowledgment Letter.
- (b) For local delivery by registered mail, the Product ordered will be sent to the address designated within 7 working days from the date of the Confirmation Letter.
- (c) For overseas delivery, the Product ordered will be dispatched by registered mail in Hong Kong to the recipient's address within 7 working days from the date of the Confirmation Letter. The time of actual receipt by the recipient would vary according to delivery arrangements of the destination countries.
Q23. How many post offices are available for collection of Products ordered?
Customers may choose to collect from one of the 40 designated post offices.
Q24. Can I send a representative to collect the Products on my behalf?
Yes. Please contact us at 2928-7110 or 2928-7197 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to request for the arrangement. Your representative must provide the collection letter, his Hong Kong Identity Card or valid travel document or other identification document issued by the Government of the Hong Kong SAR bearing a photograph of the holder when collecting the Products ordered at the post office. Collection by your representative shall be deemed to be collection by you.
Q25. What if the delivery of Products is unsuccessful or the Products are not collected?
- a) For local collection at the post office, if the Products ordered are not collected within 6 weeks from the date of the Acknowledgment Letter, the Products ordered will be returned to Hongkong Post Stamps (HKPS) at 1/F, Trade Square, No. 681 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong and two weeks thereafter the Products ordered will be available for collection at HKPS for a further 6 months. In the event the Products ordered are not collected within this 6–month period, we reserve the right to dispose of the Products ordered at our absolute discretion and you shall have no claims or rights against us in relation to the Order and / or the Products ordered for refund or otherwise.
- b) For local delivery, if the Products ordered are not successfully delivered, we will issue a notice to you for collection of the Products ordered at the post office specified in the notice within 14 working days from the date of the notice. If the Products ordered remain uncollected after this time, the Products ordered will be returned to HKPS and 14 working days thereafter the Products ordered will be available for collection at HKPS for a further 6 months. In the event the Products ordered are not collected within this 6–month period, we reserve the right to dispose of the Products ordered at our absolute discretion and you shall have no claims or rights against us in relation to the Order and / or the Products ordered for refund or otherwise.
- c) For overseas delivery, if the Products ordered are returned to us from your destination country for reason of non-delivery, we will contact you by e-mail or telephone to re-confirm the address. We will attempt to send the Products ordered to the delivery address twice within 6 months from the date of receiving the same. If the Products ordered are not successfully delivered to you within this 6–month period, we reserve the right to dispose of the Products ordered at our absolute discretion and you shall have no claims or rights against us in relation to the Order and / or the Products ordered for refund or otherwise.
Q26. Can I request an exchange or refund if I am not satisfied with the Philatelic and PostShop Products ordered?
Yes but only for PostShop souvenirs. If the PostShop souvenir ordered does not meet with your satisfaction, you can at your own expense return the Product ordered in its original condition in the original package to HKPS within 14 working days from the delivery date. Money received will be refunded without interest. Under no circumstances will late return of the Products ordered be accepted.
RETURN / EXCHANGE
Q27. What is your Product return policy?
MANAGING “MY ACCOUNT”
Q28. What if I forgot my password?
If you forget your password, please click “Forgot Password” at the Sign In box located at the top right of the Home page. In the Forgot Password page, enter your registered e-mail address, and then click “Request password”. Your password will be automatically sent to your registered e-mail address.
Q29. What if I forgot my username?
The Username is the same as the e-mail address you registered with us. If you have forgotten which e-mail address you have registered with us, please e-mail to us your First Name, Last Name and Phone number at email@example.com and we can look it up for you.
Q30. Is it necessary for me to register in order to shop online?
No, it is not necessary. However, we encourage you to do so because there are benefits in being a Member.
Q31. How can I change my registered information?
Please login and click the “My Profile” button on the top right corner.
Q32. What are the measures for the protection of data security?
We use servers that can support 128-bit encryption (SSL) which is a commonly used technology for online shopping malls. It can protect your personal particulars such as your name, address and credit card information. When you confirm the Order for online payment processing, you will be directed to the payment gateway of the banks or their authorized agent on which all data entered are encrypted and protected throughout the payment process.
Q33. Will my credit card be safe from manipulation?
When you confirm the Order for online payment processing, you will be directed to the payment gateway of the banks or their authorized agent on which all data entered is encrypted and protected throughout the payment process. The credit card information will not be saved with your login information or in our database.
Q34. What are CVV and CVC ?
CVV stands for Card Verification Value and CVC stands for Card Verification Code. It is a 3-digit code embossed or imprinted on the back of your Visa or MasterCard credit card. It appears after and to the right of your card number.
There are anthentication procedures established by credit card companies to provide greater security for Internet transactions, e.g. the cardholder is required to enter the CVV/CVC code during online transactions which may help to verify that the card is currently in the physical possession of the cardholder at the time of the transactions.
Q35. What is Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode and why do I need to use it?
Verified by VISA and MasterCard SecureCode are security measures developed by Visa and MasterCard using a technology called Three-Domain (3-D) secure, which confirms the identity of a credit card holder with an extra password when an online transaction is made online.
After registering for this service with your credit card issuing bank or company, you are allowed to set a password which you would be prompted to enter before your online purchase transaction is processed. This adds an extra layer of security to verify that the individual using the credit card is the credit cardholder.
Q36. How can I contact ShopThruPost if I have queries or questions on your service in general?
Please e-mail to our Customer Service Section at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to get back to your enquiries as soon as possible.